June 21, 2010

toons revisited...

Ok back from movie. Toy Story 3 IS good as ever. The same old cast are back, among some new wacky characters. A great watch to end the day.


Alright, back to storytime from the land of smiles.


As usual, it's shopping gala for the woman. Baby bought some good steals, being especially proud of her cosmetic heist. Even for a makeup fool like me can say that if you don't buy them there, you are s.t.e.w.p.i.d. Most of my steals are food. Cheap food is what GSS should be all about man. Who needs cheap clothes?


And lucky for me, I was spared the atrocious monopoly of broadcasting brats to be able to catch World Cup live in the comfort of my bed, complimentary of the ever kind and generous Thai media body which didn't think of joining the profiteering fray, unlike our local "Singbell and Starcub", if you know what I mean. Plus plenty of beer to go along of course. Drink, drank, Goooaaaallll!!!


There was Discovery Channel as well. I caught an episode of Ghost Lab. Sweet stuff, so I thought I could do some experimenting on my own, since I heard so many accounts of paranormal activities in this part of the land. So one fine night, while baby was sleeping, I logged into Youtube and loaded epsiodes of Ghost Lab, made sure everywhere was dark and eerie, placed my laptop on the desk with a wall mirror facing me, plugged in my earphones and I'm set. Perfect setting for paranormal activity. So I watched the episodes, hoping maybe something might happen in the room as well.


**After 2 hours...**


Ok, nothing. Maybe ghosts and beer don't mix. I was drinking while watching LOL. BORING. I slept soundly that night without even a dream. BUSTED.


Down the road from the hotel was a condominium. A portion of the sales poster read, "Starting from 12 MB". That's 12 million THB. Which is about a little more than 500K SGD. Goodness. With that amount here can only buy a 5-room flat probably? There, it's one freaking condo unit. The best thing is, the building's 34 floors high and get this: it's 1 floor 1 unit. KNN.


So you see why I can't blame myself for being afraid to return to SG. Damn it. I really don't see why I had to give 2 years of my life to the country for naught. Now that I'm back, it's hermit mode for a long time while I endure the wihdrawal symptoms. Totally not cool. Even baby felt sick upon landing...tsk...see? It's not just me.

No comments: