August 22, 2009

Wooo 7th month lai liao...

Ok so the Chinese 7th month, or some call it the Ghost Festival, comes and then you starts to wonder where the haze comes from. I'm a smoker yet it just doesn't cut it with me smelling of incense instead of my own ciggie. I mean it's like you know, the incense burning and all, and then the smoke just envelops everything in its path?


Imagine walking by the void-deck, seeing the residents lunging packs of incense paper, some of them well into the process of their offerings, and then you see a wall of smoke floating towards you, it's like whoaaaaaa and then like wtf, you can't siam at all? And then it's like a life or death situation, walk thru it or die taking a detour......what would you do?

Well, I took the detour and lived. Like that I can enjoy my puff better.

Anyway I feel that all these rituals and stuff are dying out sooner or later. I doubt my generation or anyone born later than me would ever practice the traditional festivals like the older generations do. Except Chinese New Year of cos. Who can ever do away the practice of receiving free money?

Watched Jack Neo's new movie, Where Got Ghost, a couple of days back. Reviews were quite critical but I have to something to say about these critics. Either they don't understand local humour at all or they are gay. I watched it precisely for the kind of local humour that suits best for a homeboy like me. If anyone thinks that the movie is low-class compared to foreign comedies, well go fuck yourself. It takes a really really good script to make a foreign comedy work, which in the case of The Hangover, is also really really rare.

"wa eh nai sar nehh?...wuu Mickey miao ehh"...ROFL

Go catch this show. You dun understand Hokkien nevermind, also will laugh one. You dun laugh then you got something wrong...really.

No comments: