December 1, 2009

Ehh so fast 2009 ending?

When I finally logged in for the first time in more than a month, I knew I totally outdated myself. Time to change my blogskin. Time to add new posts. Time to start writing about my life again.

Just came back from a great weekend with baby. So many places went and explored. It's just so convenient with a vehicle. I hate to let go of the experience and go back to harsh reality but still it's not that we can't do it again another time.

Nice vehicle I got, Fiat Punto with a sunroof. Good deal for the weekend given it's inclusive of the public holiday on Friday. The condition not very ideal, for e.g. wheelhubs like machiam rusted, scratches and stains visible on the bodywork, air-con not strong, dusty windscreens, slow acceleration, weak in-car audio. The only thing that transcends all the flaws is the sunroof. Baby loved it. I got no complaints to that.

Got car go places. Really. Ulu place? No problem. Went Marina Barrage to check it out. If we had taken public transport sure cry. Even by driving, I had to swing down several intersections. Can't they just build one straight road there? KNN. Nothing much other than a great view of the skyline, with the Singapore Flyer right smack in the middle like a pulsating metal doughnut.

Visited Pasir Ris Park one of the late afternoons. Windy and relaxing. Several kite flyers doing their thing. Got one guy with his kite so high up it took him like ages to wind it back. Could have used a fishing reel for that.

Went Dempsey twice for Ben and Jerry's. First visit was too crowded. Like the whole Singapore went down for icecream lidat. We just took away and savoured our icecream in the car.

Went to the zoo too. Saw my fav otters!! 7 of them, uber cute and cuddly. I could watch them forever. Baby's surprised by the size of the tapir. It's big, black and white and runs fast. Lucky it's a herbivore. Visited the legendary white tigers. Actually it's not their fault, the guy previously was bent on dying. The tigers merely helped fulfill his wish. Applause for that. We had a good laugh at the baboon enclosure. Red buttocks on a primate just don't work man, I tell you. Then the giant tortoise is really gigantic. Then the mousedeer so darn small. In the whole animal world the otter is the cutest, period.

Also went airport to eat at Popeye's. The air-con there is free man. If I can tapao all the cold air there, I would. Where got people shiver after eating a hot meal one? Walan eh.

Had Founder's Bak Kut Teh at Balestier Road. Got one big photo that the owner took with Jay Chou. I almost wanted to take it down. LOL.

Drove down to Science Centre at far away Jurong. We go there not to see science. Go there to see dead bodies...errm...preserved bodies...at Body Worlds. Pretty educational, like how my lungs will look like now if I were to take them out. The exhibits were real people. Amazing. If I were to donate my body after I die, dunno they will take or not...

Lastly, we went partying at WaveHouse, Sentosa's latest beach club. More happening than Cafe Del Mar. Bcos got artificial wave machine. Den got bikini babes. And hunks in thongs. Chanel was there to perform. If you dunno who she is, think "I fell in love with a DJ, DJ...". Den also got Shan Wee from 98.7FM to cover the event. Had a great time there...highly recommended to visit at least once.

Edit: Pics coming soon.

Edit: Okie, here are the pics!!

No comments: